1 payment to the holder of a patent or copyright or resource for the right to use their property; "he received royalties on his book"
2 royal persons collectively; "the wedding was attended by royalty" [syn: royal family, royal line, royal house]
- a monarchs or other people of royal rank, plus their families, treated as a group
- the rank, status, power or authority of a monarch
- a royal right or prerogative, such as the exploitation of a natural resource; the granting of such a right; payment received for such a right
- The payment received by an owner of real property for exploitation of mineral rights on his property.
- In the context of "by extension": payment made to a writer, composer, inventor etc for the sale or use of intellectual property, invention etc.
- In the context of "poker|slang": A king and a queen as a starting hand in Texas hold 'em
- Weisenberg, Michael (2000) The Official Dictionary of Poker. MGI/Mike Caro University. ISBN 978-1880069523
Royalty may refer to:
- A royal family (by extension the ruling house of any monarchy, regardless of the title), or one or more of its members
- Royalties, the payment made (originally to the licensing crown) for a concession of commercial value (e.g. mining rights) or to the owner of a copyright, patent, trademark or know-how for its use
- Royalty Records, a record label
royalty in German: Royalty
royalty in Spanish: Royalty
royalty in French: Royalty
royalty in Italian: Royalty
royalty in Dutch: Royalty
royalty in Polish: Royalty
royalty in Portuguese: Royalty
royalty in Simple English: Royalty
FFVs, ancestry, ancienne noblesse, anointed king, aristocracy, aristocraticalness, avails, baronage, baronetage, birth, blood, blue blood, box office, caliphate, chief, chieftain, chivalry, commission, commissions, compensation, credit, credits, crowned head, cut, czardom, disposable income, distinction, dividend, dividends, dynast, earned income, earnings, elect, elite, emperor, emperorship, empery, empire, gains, gate, gate receipts, genteelness, gentility, get, grand duke, gross, gross income, gross receipts, haut monde, high chief, high life, high society, honorable descent, imperator, imperialism, income, intake, kaiserdom, kaisership, king, king-emperor, kinghood, kinglet, kingship, knightage, lord paramount, majesty, make, monarch, net, net income, net receipts, nobility, noble birth, nobleness, noblesse, noblesse de robe, old nobility, output, overlord, paramount, payment, peerage, percentage, petty king, potentate, prince, prince consort, proceeds, produce, profits, quality, queenhood, queenship, rajaship, rake-off, rank, receipt, receipts, receivables, regnancy, returns, revenue, royal, royal personage, royalties, ruler, share, sovereign, sovereignty, sultanate, sultanship, suzerain, take, take-in, takings, tetrarch, the Four Hundred, the classes, the crown, the throne, unearned income, upper classes, upper crust, upper ten, upper ten thousand, uppercut, yield